Minutes from October 9, 2018 City Council have now been posted to the "Minutes" page, however I want to call special attention to a few items discussed:
1. Sump Pumps must be drained outside, not an inside drain. This puts too much ground water into the lagoons when it needs to drain to the river.
2. If you have low water pressure, check your water softener to ensure it's working properly.
3. Daryl and technicians from South Dakota Association of Rural Water Systems will be going around town checking for sources of water leaks. This will include the pipes between the curb stop and residences. During drier times, if you've noticed wet areas, please let us know so we can check to see if it's from a water leak.
4. The City will be discussing in more detail at the next Council meeting nuisance/vacant properties and steps to take to clean it up.
5. The City Office will no longer be open on Monday nights between 6 and 7 pm because only about one person per month comes in during that time. Most issues can be taken care of through email, phone, or putting things in the drop box. Contact the City Office and alternate arrangements can be made, if needed. There will be evening hours scheduled during January when all pet licenses need to be renewed.
6. Water Shut Off procedures are going to change. Please read the full meeting minutes on the "Minutes" page and Ordinance 004-2018 on the "Ordinances" page for full details. A second reading of the ordinance will be held at the November council meeting and will take effect with January's water usage.
Upcoming Office Closures:
November 21 and 22 for Thanksgiving
Limited or No hours during the weeks of December 24 - January 4 - tbd
Reminder: The City Office will close following the School District calendar and closures.
City Office Walk-In Hours:
Monday 9:00-12:00 & 1:00-3:00
City Office: 605-363-5065
Emergency Maintenance: 605-370-1240
We are now on Facebook!
Don't get the Montrose Herald and feeling out of the loop? City Council agendas and minutes are posted on this website. Tell your friends and neighbors!