WELCOME TO THE CITY OF MONTROSE
CAMPGROUND SEASON DATES:
MAY 1st - OCTOBER 1st
We are delighted you want to stay with us in the Montrose Campground!
We OFFER 39 Camping Sites!
FULL HOOKUPS: 10 Sites
Electric/Water: 14 Sites
Electric: 15 Sites
Five pull-through. The remaining are back-in. Some sites are 30 amp, others are 50 amp. There is a bath house with handicap accessibility. A dump station is available on the north side of the bath house. There is a walking path that circles the pool area and follows along the Vermillion River. The newest addition will also take you to the softball park area.
One (1) night - $25
Seven (7) nights - $150
Seasonal / Annual Site - $2000
1. Call our City Office: 605-363-5065
2. Once the campsite is reserved, prepayment of $25 per night must be made within 2 days, either on our website or by dropping payment in the drop box at the City Office (not at the campground).
3. Regarding RESERVATIONS: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE CALLED AND MADE A RESERVATION WITH CITY HALL PRIOR TO PAYING ONLINE.
4. If you are having issues paying online, be sure to click the box under the convenience fee to accept it and put any number in the confirmation number field. If you are still having issues, call the Municipay Support Line at: 1-877-590-5097.
5. Prepayment is required to hold the reservation. No refunds and No Transfers to different dates.
6. If payment is not received within 2 days of placing the reservation, the reservation will be cancelled.
To camp without a reservation:
When you arrive at the Montrose Campground; give CITY HALL a call: 605-363-5065 to check availability.
If you camp without a prepaid reservation, please fill out a receipt and pay at the campground where there is a drop box on the east side of the bathhouse. Place your receipt and payment in an envelope and put in the drop box. Place the smaller portion of the receipt on the post at your campsite.
Hungry? Stop by the Office Bar or My Place for food and drinks for breakfast (My Place) lunch and dinner. ATM availablity and ICE availability. *Office Bar *My Place
117 W Main Street Corner of Main and 1st Street
Facebook: Office Bar Facebook: My place Montrose
Hours: Sunday (Closed) Hours: Sunday 8am - 2pm
Monday (Closed) Monday (Closed)
Tuesday 11am - 9pm Tuesday (Closed)
Wednesday 11am - 10pm Wednesday 8am - 2pm
Thursday 11am - 11pm Thursday 8am - 2pm
Friday 11am - 2am Friday 8am - 2pm + 5pm - 9pm
Saturday 11am - 12am Saturday 8am - 2pm + 5pm - 9pm
Want to cool off at the pool? Enjoy the day at the Montrose Community Pool next to the campground. Daily admission costs $3 per person. Admission is not included in the cost of camping. See the Pool page on the city website for more details.
Need Fuel or snacks? Stop at Montrose Gas Plus on the corner of 1st Avenue and Main Street. You can also buy some essential groceries, like milk and bread. Stop in and restock your cooler or camper before you hit the road.
Need a Bank or Post Office? Security State Bank and the Post Office are located on Main Street to the west of Montrose Gas Plus.
See the Local Businesses page for more information.
View looking east.
View looking west.
Approximately 7 miles south of Montrose is the Lake Vermillion recreation area. It is great for water recreation of all kinds. Park sticker is required for access to the camping areas.